Battelle for Kids believes education is the critical foundation for cultivating, promoting, and accelerating equity and inclusivity for society. We have a responsibility to advance deeper, 21st century learning for every student, everywhere, resulting in high quality, equitable experiences and outcomes. Therefore, Battelle for Kids intentionally prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work with school systems and partners.
Our commitment includes:
- Inspiring others to envision and advance the creation of 21st century education systems, while also increasing the diversity of school systems engaged in this work.
- Creating conditions and supports that empower every student to thrive with agency, voice, and choice; to create a better tomorrow for themselves and others.
- Supporting school systems as they elevate diverse perspectives of the broader community to build a shared vision of 21st century learning outcomes for all students.
- Surfacing and addressing practices, structures, and policies that cause inequities to take root and persist.
- Pursuing and providing evidence of successful, equitable 21st century learning.
- Continuing to equip ourselves, educators, and school systems to achieve equitable 21st century outcomes for all.