Taking the Lead
Rural Innovation, Integration, Investment, & Impact
The Rural Education National Forum was created to bring rural education leaders together to help reshape the rural economy, enrich the quality of life, own the future of learning, and prepare rural communities to be successful in a highly competitive, complex, and ever-changing world.
Battelle for Kids and the Ohio Department of Education are pleased to host the third annual Rural Education National Forum, an interactive learning and collaborative experience for rural leaders.
The 2015 Rural Forum is designed to:
- Contribute to the growing momentum of the 2013 and 2014 Forums, and encourage participation in the emerging voice for rural education;
- Share powerful examples of rural investment and innovation positively impacting student growth and achievement;
- Foster collaboration among rural leaders around best practices, and learn how to practically integrate strategies, ideas, and policies in your own district and community; and
- Create opportunities for partnerships to leverage rural strengths to further impact and improve rural education.
Who should attend?
- Rural district, building, and teacher leaders
- Business, civic, and community leaders
- State department of education leaders
- Local, state, and national boards of education leaders
- Established collaboratives/networks of education, business and community organizations
- Economic development leaders and venture capitalists
- Rural and non-rural education associations
- Philanthropic foundations
- Leaders from institutes of higher education
- Others interested in strengthening rural education, economic/workforce development, and civic/community engagement efforts