Battelle for Kids, in coordination with the Cook Center for Human Connection, is facilitating a two-day grant training workshop specifically designed for K-12 school district leaders and educators.
The Grant Writing Essentials workshop will feature an intensive and interactive training course that will allow participants to fully understand and navigate the grant writing process from pursuit to award.
The workshop will be held April 24-25 at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.
Upon completion of the two-day course, participants will remain engaged through a Grant Writers Cohort led by Battelle for Kids. This year-long cohort will have access to an online portal of grant resources and announcements and have the opportunity to develop collaborative partnerships with educators working on grant applications from across the country.
Battelle for Kids will lead and facilitate the two-day workshop and year-long cohort. The BFK Grant Services team has 36 years of grantsmanship experience at the foundation, state, and federal levels. Our team has helped teachers, administrators, districts, and state educational agencies win and manage more than $565 million in grant funding.
Participants in the two-day Grant Writing Essentials workshop will:
- Identify grant writing terms and learn how to research potential sources of grant funds in the education sector.
- Understand how to evaluate a grant opportunity announcement.
- Learn the grant review process by critiquing a grant using federal review criteria.
- Develop the skills needed to prepare competitive and successful grant proposals.
- Understand the fundamental elements of proposal writing and preparation including the introduction, objectives, problems addressed, methodology, sustainability, evaluation, and budget development.
- Identify local and state sources of data to support and justify the need for a grant.
- Write a persuasive and compelling need statement.
- Understand the power of words and the value of creativity to build a solid grant portfolio.
- Learn the importance and value of grant collaboration and partnership development.
Dates and Times:
Battelle for Kids will facilitate the Grant Writing Essentials workshop on April 24-25, 2024.
- Wednesday, April 24, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. MT
- Thursday, April 25, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. MT
(Times are subject to change as the agenda is finalized.)
The Cook Center for Human Connection will host the two-day course at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.
The cost for the Grant Writing Essentials Workshop and year-long Grant Writers Cohort is $599 per person if registered by February 29, 2024. Registration is $699 per person starting March 1, 2024.
Space is limited, and registrants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to register.
Learn more and register at bfk.org/GrantWriting.