We are pleased to have you as a presenter for the 2018 National Forum to Advance Rural Education.
Between now and the event, you will receive the following via e-mail:
- A copy of your session title and description as it will appear in the event program. You will need to review this (it may be edited) and provide approval.
- Your assigned presentation date, time, room location, and room capacity.
- A request for electronic copies of materials you'd like to make available to conference attendees via the event app.
As a presenter, you are responsible for your travel arrangements and hotel accommodations. If you plan to stay overnight, we encourage you to take advantage of special rates at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. A limited number of rooms are available so please book a room at your earliest convenience. For additional hotel details, visit the hotel information section of the conference website.
Address or Co-presenter Changes
Adding, removing, or changing co-presenters? Updating or changing your address? Please be sure to keep us informed of any changes in your information. All changes must be submitted in writing by August 3, 2018 via e-mail to BFKNREA@bfk.org. After August 3, we may not be able to make changes to the printed program, but will adjust conference signage, etc. to reflect changes if possible.
Do all presenters need to register?
Yes, all presenters—including co-presenters, teams, and panelists—must register to attend.
When will I get my room assignment?
All presenters will receive their presentation date, room, and time assignments by mid-August.
Room Set-Up & Capacity
To ensure ample seating for all our attendees, rooms are set in a variety of formations, including theater, classroom and banquet seating. To view specifications for your assigned room, please click here. If you need to know how your room will be set, please e-mail BFKNREA@bfk.org.
Room capacities vary from 30–100 people. Since pre-registration for individual sessions is not required, we cannot estimate actual attendance.
Set-up and A/V Technicians
Each room is set up with A/V equipment including a projector, screen and speakers to play audio/video clips. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also provided. You will need to bring and use your own laptop. A/V technicians will be on site to provide assistance.
Will you distribute all the information to my co-presenters?
No. It is the main presenter's responsibility to communicate all conference information to all co-presenters in a timely manner. We will only send presenter communications to the main presenter’s e-mail address listed on your proposal submission form.
Do I need to provide my own handouts?
To save you time and money, we suggest that instead of providing hard copies of your presentation materials to attendees, please e-mail your materials to BFKNREA@bfk.org. Materials will be posted on our event app, which is accessible to all conference attendees. Of course, if your presentation requires attendees to use a particular hard copy document during the session, please plan to bring your own copies to distribute.
What hotels are located near the conference site?
If you plan to stay overnight, we encourage you to take advantage of special conference rates at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. This hotel is where all event activities take place. A limited number of rooms are available so please book a room at your earliest convenience. Reservations are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Will parking be validated?
No, each attendee is responsible for their own parking costs.
What do I do when I arrive at the conference?
Presenters and co-presenters should check in at the registration tables. Registration begins on Thursday, October 11 at 7:30 a.m., and someone will be available at the registration area throughout the remainder of the event to provide assistance as needed.
Tips for a Successful Session:
- Be sure your session content aligns with the title and description you provided for the program. Attendees often express frustration when they arrive with one expectation but feel the content varied greatly from what was described.
- If your session involves a product or service you provide, be sure to incorporate real world examples from people who’ve successfully utilized them so people aren’t left feeling like they attended a “sales pitch”.
- Try to provide your attendees with at least one “takeaway” from your session. Attendees frequently express appreciation when they learn something or gain a resource that they can immediately implement in their own practice/school/district.
- Be sure to take the last few minutes of your session to encourage your attendees to provide feedback via the event app. The conference team will provide you with a summary of all feedback you received about your session(s) after the event.
If you have any questions, please contact us at BFKNREA@bfk.org or call (614) 481-3141.